Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun bulge has 1 sense
- bulge, bump, hump, gibbosity, gibbousness, jut, prominence, protuberance, protrusion, extrusion, excrescence - something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from a form
--1 is a kind of projection
--1 has particulars:
Verb bulge has 4 senses
- bulge, pouch, protrude - swell or protrude outwards; "His eyes bulged with surprise"
--1 is one way to change shape, change form, deform
- bulge, bag - bulge out; form a bulge outward, or be so full as to appear to bulge
--2 is one way to stick out, protrude, jut out, jut, project
The streets bulge with crowds
- protrude, pop, pop out, bulge, bulge out, bug out, come out - bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
--3 is one way to change shape, change form, deform
- bulge, bulk - cause to bulge or swell outwards
--4 is one way to swell
Something ----s something