Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun brain has 5 senses
- brain, encephalon - that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord
--1 is a kind of neural structure
--1 is a part of
--1 has parts:
- brain, brainpower, learning ability, mental capacity, mentality, wit - mental ability; "he's got plenty of brains but no common sense"
--2 is a kind of intelligence
- mind, head, brain, psyche, nous - that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; "his mind wandered"; "I couldn't get his words out of my head"
--3 is a kind of cognition, knowledge, noesis
--3 has particulars:
- genius, mastermind, brain, Einstein - someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality; "Mozart was a child genius"; "he's smart but he's no Einstein"
--4 is a kind of intellectual, intellect
--4 has particulars: prodigy
- brain - the brain of certain animals used as meat
--5 is a kind of variety meat, organs
--5 has particulars: calf's brain