Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective abstract has 4 senses
- abstract - existing only in the mind; separated from embodiment; "abstract words like `truth' and `justice'"
Antonyms: concrete, factual, objective, real, tangible
- abstract, abstractionist, nonfigurative, nonobjective - not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature; "a large abstract painting"
Antonym: representational (indirect, via nonrepresentational)
- abstract, theoretical - based on specialized theory; "a theoretical analysis"
Antonyms: nontechnical, untechnical (indirect, via technical)
- abstract - dealing with a subject in the abstract without practical purpose or intention; "abstract reasoning"; "abstract science"
Antonym: applied (indirect, via theoretical)
Noun abstracter has 1 sense
- abstractor, abstracter - one who makes abstracts or summarizes information
--1 is a kind of writer, author