Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective unstable has 6 senses
- unstable - lacking stability or fixity or firmness; "unstable political conditions"; "the tower proved to be unstable in the high wind"; "an unstable world economy"
Antonyms: stable, firm, steady, unfluctuating, lasting, stabile, stabilized, stabilised
- unstable - highly or violently reactive; "sensitive and highly unstable compounds"
Antonym: unreactive (indirect, via reactive)
- precarious, unstable - affording no ease or reassurance; "a precarious truce"
Antonyms: easy, at ease (indirect, via uneasy)
- mentally ill, unsound, unstable - suffering from severe mental illness; "of unsound mind"
Antonym: sane (indirect, via insane)
- unstable - disposed to psychological variability; "his rather unstable religious convictions"
Antonym: resolute (indirect, via irresolute)
- fluid, unstable - subject to change; variable; "a fluid situation fraught with uncertainty"; "everything was unstable following the coup"
Antonym: unchangeable (indirect, via changeable)