Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective unlawful has 5 senses
- improper, unconventional, unlawful - not conforming to legality, moral law, or social convention; "an unconventional marriage"; "improper banking practices"
Antonym: regular (indirect, via irregular)
- unlawful - contrary to or prohibited by or defiant of law; "unlawful measures"; "unlawful money"; "unlawful hunters"
Antonyms: lawful, law-abiding, observant
- unlawful - not morally right or permissible; "unlawful love"
Antonym: licit (indirect, via illicit)
- unlawful, wrongful - having no legally established claim; "the wrongful heir to the throne"
Antonym: legitimate (indirect, via illegitimate)
- illegitimate, illicit, outlaw, outlawed, unlawful - contrary to or forbidden by law; "an illegitimate seizure of power"; "illicit trade"; "an outlaw strike"; "unlawful measures"
Antonym: legal (indirect, via illegal)