Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective terrestrial has 5 senses
- tellurian, telluric, terrestrial, terrene - of or relating to or inhabiting the land as opposed to the sea or air
- planetary, terrestrial - of or relating to or characteristic of the planet Earth or its inhabitants; "planetary rumblings and eructations"- L.C.Eiseley ; "the planetary tilt"; "this terrestrial ball"
- terrestrial, land - operating or living or growing on land
Antonyms: amphibious, amphibiotic, aquatic, semiaquatic, subaqueous, subaquatic, submerged, submersed, underwater, marine
- mundane, terrestrial - concerned with the world or worldly matters; "mundane affairs"; "he developed an immense terrestrial practicality"
Antonym: unworldly (indirect, via worldly)
- sublunar, sublunary, terrestrial - of this earth; "transcendental motives for sublunary actions"; "fleeting sublunary pleasures"; "the nearest to an angelic being that treads this terrestrial ball"
Antonym: heavenly (indirect, via earthly)