Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun submission has 7 senses
- submission, entry - something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition); "several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"; "what was the date of submission of your proposal?"
--1 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--1 has particulars: filing
- submission, compliance - the act of submitting; usually surrendering power to another
--2 is a kind of group action
--2 has particulars: obedience, obeisance; prostration
- submission - the condition of having submitted to control by someone or something else; "the union was brought into submission"; "his submission to the will of God"
--3 is a kind of condition, status
- meekness, submission - the feeling of patient submissive humbleness
--4 is a kind of humility, humbleness
- submission - a legal document summarizing an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
--5 is a kind of written agreement
- submission - an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
--6 is a kind of agreement, understanding
- submission - (law) a contention presented by a lawyer to a judge or jury as part of the case he is arguing
--7 is a kind of contention