Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective secondary has 5 senses
- secondary - of second rank or importance or value; not direct or immediate; "the stone will be hauled to a secondary crusher"; "a secondary source"; "a secondary issue"; "secondary streams"
Antonyms: primary, capital, direct, firsthand, first-string, original, particular, special
- junior-grade, inferior, lower, lower-ranking, lowly, petty, secondary, subaltern, subordinate - inferior in rank or status; "the junior faculty"; "a lowly corporal"; "petty officialdom"; "a subordinate functionary"
Antonym: senior (indirect, via junior)
- secondary - depending on or incidental to what is original or primary; "a secondary infection"
Antonym: basic (indirect, via incidental)
- secondary - not of major importance; "played a secondary role in world events"
Antonym: major (indirect, via minor)
- secondary - belonging to a lower class or rank
Antonym: dominant (indirect, via subordinate)