Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective rigid has 5 senses
- rigid, stiff - incapable of or resistant to bending; "a rigid strip of metal"; "a table made of rigid plastic"; "a palace guardsman stiff as a poker"
Antonyms: flexible, flexile (indirect, via inflexible)
- rigid, strict - incapable of compromise or flexibility
Antonym: tolerant (indirect, via intolerant)
- inflexible, rigid, unbending - incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances; "a rigid disciplinarian"; "an inflexible law"; "an unbending will to dominate"
Antonym: adaptable (indirect, via unadaptable)
- fixed, set, rigid - fixed and unmoving; "with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"; "his bearded face already has a set hollow look"- Connor Cruise O'Brien; "a face rigid with pain"
Antonym: moving (indirect, via nonmoving)
- rigid - designating an airship or dirigible having a form maintained by a stiff unyielding frame or structure