Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun reservation has 7 senses
- reservation, reserve - a district that is reserved for particular purpose
--1 is a kind of administrative district, administrative division, territorial division
--1 has particulars: indian reservation; preserve
- reservation, qualification - a statement that limits or restricts some claim; "he recommended her without any reservations"
--2 is a kind of statement
--2 has particulars: fine print, small print; weasel word
- mental reservation, reservation, arriere pensee - an unstated doubt that prevents you from accepting something wholeheartedly
--3 is a kind of doubt, uncertainty, incertitude, dubiety, doubtfulness, dubiousness
- booking, reservation - the act of reserving (a place or passage) or engaging the services of (a person or group); "wondered who had made the booking"
--4 is a kind of employment, engagement
- reservation - the written record or promise of an arrangement by which accommodations are secured in advance
--5 is a kind of agreement, understanding
- reservation - something reserved in advance (as a hotel accommodation or a seat on a plane etc.)
--6 is a kind of prearrangement
--6 has particulars: upgrade
- reservation - the act of keeping back or setting aside for some future occasion
--7 is a kind of preservation, saving