Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun observation has 5 senses
- observation - the act of making and recording a measurement
--1 is a kind of measurement, measuring, measure, mensuration
--1 has particulars: radio observation
- observation, observance, watching - the act of observing; taking a patient look
--2 is a kind of look, looking, looking at
--2 has particulars: monitoring; sighting; stargazing
- observation - facts learned by observing; "he reported his observations to the mayor"
--3 is a kind of fact
--3 has particulars: scientific fact
- notice, observation, observance - the act of noticing or paying attention; "he escaped the notice of the police"
--4 is a kind of attention, attending
--4 has particulars: mind; remark
- observation, reflection, reflexion - a remark expressing careful consideration
--5 is a kind of remark, comment
--5 has particulars: Parkinson's law; Parkinson's law