Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun margin has 6 senses
- margin, border, perimeter - the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary
--1 is a kind of boundary, edge, bound
- allowance, leeway, margin, tolerance - a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
--2 is a kind of discrepancy, disagreement, divergence, variance
- margin, security deposit - the amount of collateral a customer deposits with a broker when borrowing from the broker to buy securities
--3 is a kind of down payment, deposit
- gross profit, gross profit margin, margin - (finance) the net sales minus the cost of goods and services sold
--4 is a kind of net income, net, net profit, lucre, profit, profits, earnings
- margin - the blank space that surrounds the text on a page
--5 is a kind of space, blank space, place
--5 is a part of page
- edge, margin - a strip near the boundary of an object; "he jotted a note on the margin of the page"
--6 is a kind of strip, slip
--6 has particulars: