Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun liberty has 5 senses
- autonomy, liberty - immunity from arbitrary exercise of authority: political independence
--1 is a kind of independence, independency
--1 has particulars: self-government, self-determination, self-rule
- liberty - freedom of choice; "liberty of opinion"; "liberty of worship"; "liberty--perfect liberty--to think or feel or do just as one pleases"; "at liberty to choose whatever occupation one wishes"
--2 is a kind of freedom
--2 has particulars:
- liberty - personal freedom from servitude or confinement or oppression
--3 is a kind of freedom
- shore leave, liberty - leave granted to a sailor or naval officer
--4 is a kind of leave, leave of absence
- familiarity, impropriety, indecorum, liberty - an act of undue intimacy
--5 is a kind of misbehavior, misbehaviour, misdeed