Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective internal has 5 senses
- internal - happening or arising or located within some limits or especially surface; "internal organs"; "internal mechanism of a toy"; "internal party maneuvering"
Antonyms: external, outer, outside
- internal, intragroup - occurring within an institution or community; "intragroup squabbling within the corporation"
Antonym: extramural (indirect, via intramural)
- home, interior, internal, national - inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
Antonym: foreign (indirect, via domestic)
- inner, interior, internal - located inward; "Beethoven's manuscript looks like a bloody record of a tremendous inner battle"- Leonard Bernstein; "she thinks she has no soul, no interior life, but the truth is that she has no access to it"- David Denby; "an internal sense of rightousness"- A.R.Gurney,Jr.
Antonym: outward (indirect, via inward)
- inner, internal, intimate - innermost or essential; "the inner logic of Cubism"; "the internal contradictions of the theory"; "the intimate structure of matter"
Antonym: extrinsic (indirect, via intrinsic)