Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective in has 3 senses
- in - holding office; "the in party"
Antonym: unsuccessful (indirect, via successful)
- in - directed or bound inward; "took the in bus"; "the in basket"
Antonym: outgoing (indirect, via incoming)
- in - currently fashionable; "the in thing to do"; "large shoulder pads are in"
Antonyms: unfashionable, unstylish (indirect, via fashionable)
Adverbial in has 2 senses
- in, inwards, inward - to or toward the inside of; "come in"; "smash in the door"
- in - inside an enclosed space
Noun in has 3 senses
- inch, in - a unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot
--1 is a kind of linear unit
--1 is a part of foot, ft
--1 has parts: ligne; mesh; mil; em, pica em, pica
- indium, In, atomic number 49 - a rare soft silvery metallic element; occurs in small quantities in sphalerite
--2 is a kind of metallic element, metal
--2 is a substance of zinc blende, blende, sphalerite
- Indiana, Hoosier State, IN - a state in midwestern United States
--3 is a kind of American state
--3 is a part of Midwest, Middle West
--3 has parts: