Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun hang-up has 2 senses
- hang-up - an emotional preoccupation
--1 is a kind of preoccupation
- hang-up, hitch, rub, snag - an unforeseen obstacle
--2 is a kind of obstacle, obstruction
Verb hang-up has 3 senses
- hang up - put a telephone receiver back in its cradle
--1 is one way to replace, put back
Somebody ----s something
- hang, hang up - cause to be hanging or suspended; "Hang that picture on the wall"
--2 is one way to fasten, fix, secure
They hang up the lights from the ceiling
- hang up - interrupt a telephone conversation
--3 is one way to cut short, break short, break off
Somebody ----s PP