Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun don has 5 senses
- Don - a Spanish title of respect for a gentleman or nobleman
--1 is a kind of man, adult male
- preceptor, don - teacher at a university of college (especially at Cambridge or Oxford)
--2 is a kind of teacher, instructor
- don, father - the head of an organized crime family
--3 is a kind of head, chief, top dog
- Don - Celtic goddess; mother of Gwydion and Arianrhod; corresponds to Irish Danu
--4 is a kind of Celtic deity
- Don, Don River - a European river in southwestern Russia; flows into the Sea of Azov
--5 is a kind of river
--5 is a part of Russia, Russian Federation
Verb don has 1 sense
- wear, put on, get into, don, assume - put clothing on one's body; "What should I wear today?"; "He put on his best suit for the wedding"; "The princess donned a long blue dress"; "The queen assumed the stately robes"; "He got into his jeans"
--1 is one way to dress, get dressed
Somebody ----s something