Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun dedication has 5 senses
- dedication - complete and wholehearted fidelity
--1 is a kind of fidelity, faithfulness
- dedication - a ceremony in which something (as a building) is dedicated to some goal or purpose
--2 is a kind of ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial occasion, observance
--2 has particulars: rededication
- commitment, dedication - a message that makes a pledge
--3 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--3 has particulars:
- dedication, inscription - a short message (as in a book or musical work or on a photograph) dedicating it to someone or something
--4 is a kind of message
- commitment, allegiance, loyalty, dedication - the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team"
--5 is a kind of cooperation
--5 has particulars: communalism; consecration; devotion; faith