Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective damned has 2 senses
- blasted, blame, blamed, blessed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, everlasting, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal - expletives used informally as intensifiers; "he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "tired or his everlasting whimpering"; "an infernal nuisance"
Antonyms: blessed, blest (indirect, via cursed)
- cursed, damned, doomed, unredeemed, unsaved - in danger of the eternal punishment of hell; "poor damned souls"
Antonym: saved (indirect, via lost)
Adverbial damned has 1 sense
- damned, damnably, cursedly - in a damnable manner; "kindly Arthur--so damnably , politely , endlessly persistent!"
Noun damned has 1 sense
- damned - people who are condemned to eternal punishment; "he felt he had visited the realm of the damned"
--1 is a kind of people
Verb damn has 1 sense
- curse, beshrew, damn, bedamn, anathemize, anathemise, imprecate, maledict - wish harm upon; invoke evil upon; "The bad witch cursed the child"
--1 is one way to raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody