Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective crooked has 4 senses
- crooked - having or marked by bends or angles; not straight or aligned; "crooked country roads"; "crooked teeth"
Antonyms: straight, aligned, unbent, untwisted
- crooked, corrupt - not straight; dishonest or immoral or evasive
Antonyms: straight, aboveboard, straightforward, guileless, transparent, straightarrow
- asymmetrical, crooked - irregular in shape or outline; "asymmetrical features"; "a dress with an crooked hemline"
Antonym: regular (indirect, via irregular)
- hunched, round-backed, round-shouldered, stooped, stooping, crooked - having the back and shoulders rounded; not erect; "a little oldish misshapen stooping woman"
Antonyms: erect, vertical, upright (indirect, via unerect)
Verb crook has 1 sense
- crook, curve - bend or cause to bend; "He crooked his index finger"; "the road curved sharply"
--1 is one way to bend, flex
Somebody ----s something