Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun come down has 1 sense
- comedown - decline to a lower status or level
--1 is a kind of humiliation, abasement
Verb come down has 5 senses
- descend, fall, go down, come down - move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way; "The temperature is going down"; "The barometer is falling"; "The curtain fell on the diva"; "Her hand went up and then fell again"
--1 is one way to travel, go, move, locomote
The airplane is sure to come down
- reduce, come down, boil down - be the essential element; "The proposal boils down to a compromise"
--2 is one way to become, turn
Something is ----ing PP
- precipitate, come down, fall - fall from clouds; "rain, snow and sleet were falling"; "Vesuvius precipitated its fiery, destructive rage on Herculaneum"
Somebody ----s something
- sicken, come down - get sick; "She fell sick last Friday, and now she is in the hospital"
--4 is one way to worsen, decline
- come down - criticize or reprimand harshly; "The critics came down hard on the new play"
--5 is one way to knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
Somebody ----s PP