Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun booster has 5 senses
- supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend - a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
--1 is a kind of advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
--1 has particulars:
| ||anglophile, anglophil; believer, truster; Boswell; cheerleader; Confederate; enthusiast, partisan, partizan; Francophile, Francophil; free trader; functionalist; Jacobite; loyalist, stalwart; New Dealer; philhellene, philhellenist, Graecophile; pillar, mainstay; Roundhead; seconder; Shavian; subscriber, endorser, indorser, ratifier; sympathizer, sympathiser, well-wisher; toaster, wassailer; upholder, maintainer, sustainer; voucher, verifier; Whig|
- promoter, booster, plugger - someone who is an active supporter and advocate
--2 is a kind of advertiser, advertizer, adman
--2 has particulars: barker
- booster, shoplifter, lifter - a thief who steals goods that are in a store
--3 is a kind of thief, stealer
- booster, booster rocket, booster unit, multistage rocket, takeoff booster, takeoff rocket - the first stage of a multistage rocket
--4 is a kind of rocket, rocket engine
- booster, booster dose, booster shot, recall dose - an additional dose that makes sure the first dose was effective
--5 is a kind of dose