Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective antiseptic has 5 senses
- antiseptic - thoroughly clean and free of or destructive to disease-causing organisms; "doctors in antiseptic green coats"; "the antiseptic effect of alcohol"; "it is said that marjoram has antiseptic qualities"
Antonyms: septic, abscessed, contaminated, dirty, pestiferous, contaminative, infected, purulent, pussy, putrid, putrefactive, putrefacient, septicemic, infectious, infective
- antiseptic - clean and honest; "antiseptic financial practices"
Antonym: corrupt (indirect, via incorrupt)
- antiseptic - freeing from error or corruption; "the antiseptic effect of sturdy criticism"
Antonyms: adulterating, adulterant (indirect, via purifying)
- antiseptic, sterilized, sterilised - made free from live bacteria or other microorganisms; "sterilized instruments"
Antonym: germy (indirect, via germfree)
- antiseptic - (extended sense) of exceptionally clean language; "lyrics as antiseptic as Sunday School"
Antonym: dirty (indirect, via clean)