Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Definitions from WordNet
Noun aare has 1 sense
- Aare, Aar, Aare River - a river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine
--1 is a kind of river
--1 is a part of
Definitions from the Web
- (noun) Aare refers to a major river in Switzerland, specifically, the longest tributary of the High Rhine. It flows through the picturesque landscapes of the Swiss Alps and is a popular destination for swimming and other water activities.
- (noun) Aare can also refer to a type of rock music that originated in the 1980s in Burkina Faso, characterized by its fusion of Western rock with traditional African rhythms.
- (verb) Aare can be a dialectal variation of "are," the second person singular and plural form of the verb "to be." It is commonly used in certain regions as a part of local language.
- I can't wait to go river rafting on the beautiful Aare during my trip to Switzerland.
- The Aare river offers a refreshing swim in the summer months, attracting numerous tourists.
- His music is a unique blend of African beats and aare rock, creating an unforgettable experience.
- During the interview, the locals frequently used "aare" instead of "are" in their conversations.
Possible Related Products: